This page lists things that we have written; for a list of things written by other people, see our readings page.
A set of five double-sided flyers (in pdf format) summarise the LSCITS Initiative:
1: Overview (pdf file)
2: Research Programme (pdf file)
3: Training Programme (pdf file)
4: Engineering Doctorate (EngD) Core Taught Modules (pdf file)
5: Engineering Doctorate (EngD) Options and Pathways (pdf file)
6: EngD Entry Details for September 2008 (pdf file)
Flyers 1 to 5 all in one 10-page document
Two reports from 2004, each co-authored by a member of the LSCITS consortium, give some background to the problems and issues that the LSCITS Initiative is intended to address:
1: The Challenges of Complex IT Projects (Report from the Royal Academy of Engineering and the British Computer Society; John McDermid was one of the co-authors).
2: Complexity and Emergent Behaviour in ICT Systems (UK Government Office of Science and Technology briefing paper; Dave Cliff was one of the co-authors).
Short executive summaries of specific aspects of our work, suitable for non-expert readers.
1: Quantitative Analysis, with an example from cluster dependability.
2: Systems of Systems.
3: Socio-Technical Systems Engineering.
4: Responsibility Modelling.
5: Time to Value.
6: Working Paper: Coping with Failure.
7: Key Issues of ERP Implementation
8: Complexity in Healthcare
Longer papers and reports produced by members of the LSCITS team, not yet published elsewhere.
- R. Calinescu, D. Cliff, J. Keen, T. Kelly, M Kwiatkowska, J. McDermid, R. Paige, & I. Sommerville (2010). The UK Large-Scale Complex IT Systems (LSCITS) Initiative. (pdf file)
- D. Greenwood & L. Feng, editors (2011). Proceedings of the 2nd LSCITS Postgraduate Workshop, November 2010. (pdf file)
D. Cliff, J. Keen, M. Kwiatkowska, J. McDermid, & I. Sommerville (2006) Large-Scale Complex IT Systems (LSCITS): A National Strategic Research & Training Initiative. Research proposal submitted to the UK Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC), December 2006
Click on the hotlinks below to download copies of our papers. If it's not a hotlink, you'll need to get it from the publisher, or one of the authors.
2014: in press, submitted, forthcoming and in preparation
- J. Cartlidge, (2014), "Trading experiments using financial agents in a simulated cloud computing commodity martket". In Proceedings of 6th International Conference on Agents and Artificial Intelligence, Vol.2 - Agents (ICAART-2014). B. Duval, J. van Herik, S.Loiseau & J. Filipe, Eds.Angers, France: SciTePress, March 2014, pp. 311-317.
- J. Cartlidge & P. Clamp, (In press), "Correcting a financial brokerage model for cloud computing: closing the window of opportunity for commercialisation". To apprear in SpringerOpen's Journal of Cloud Computing: Advances, Systems and Applications.
- S. Stotter, J. Cartlidge & D. Cliff, (In press), "Behavioural investigations of financial trading agents using Exchange Portal (ExPo)". To appear in Springer's LNCS Transactions on Computational Collective Intelligence (TCCI), special edition selected papers from ICAART-2013.
2013: in press, submitted, forthcoming and in preparation
- G. Baxter and J. Cartlidge, "Flying by the seat of their pants: What can High Frequency Trading learn from aviation?". In proceedings 3rd International Conference on Application and Theory of Automation in Command and Control Systems (ATACCS-2013). G.Brat, E. Garcia, A. Moccia, P. Palanque, A. Pasquini, F.J. Saez & M. Winckler, Editors. Naples, Italy: IRIT Press, May 2013, pages 64-73
- G. Baxter, and I. Sommerville. (Accepted for publication). "Evaluating emergency preparedness: Using responsibility models to identify vulnerabilities". To appear in A. Stedmon & G. Lawson (Eds.) Counter-terrorism & Hostile Intent: Human Factors Theory and Application. Ashgate.
- A. Burkimsher, I. Bate, L.Soares Indrusiak, "A survey of scheduling metrics and an improved ordering policy for list schedulers operating on workloads with dependencies and a wide variation in execution times". In Journal 'Future Generation Computer Systems', Published by Elsevier - In press 2013
- A. Burkimsher, I. Bate, L.Soares Indrusiak. "Scheduling HPC workflows for responsiveness and fairness with networking delays and inaccurate estimates of execution times".
- R. Calinescu. "Emerging Techniques for the Engineering of Self-Adaptive High-Integrity Software". Book Chapter, pages 297-310. Book Title 'Assurance for Self-Adaptive Systems'. Published by Springer 2013
- J. Cartlidge and D Cliff, "Comparison of Cloud Middleware Protocols and Subscription Network Topologies using CReST, the Cloud Research Simulation Toolkit," To appear in Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Cloud Computing and Services Science (CLOSER-2013). Aachen, Germany: SciTePress, May 2013.
- J. Cartlidge and D. Cliff, "Evidencing the "Robot Phase Transition" in Human-Agent Experimental Financial Markets". In proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Agents and Artificial Intelligence (ICAART-2013), Eds: J. Filipe and A. Fred. Barcelona, Spain: SciTePress, Feb 2013, pp 345-352
- T. Chen, V. Forejt, M. Kwiatkowska, D. Parker and A. Simaitis. "PRISM-games: A Model Checker for Stochastic Multi-Player Games". In proceedings 9th International Conference on Tools and Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis of Systems (TACAS'13), Springer. To appear 2013.
- T.Chen, M. Kwiatkowska, A. Simaitis and C. Wiltsche, "Synthesis for Multi-Objective Stochastic Games: An Application to Autonomous Urban Driving". In Proceedings. QEST. To appear 2013.
- T. Chen, V. Forejt, M. Kwiatkowska, A. Simaitis and C. Wiltsche, "On Stochastic Games with Multiple Objectives". In Proceedings 28th International Symposium on Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science (MFCS'14). To appear 2013
- T. Chen, E. M. Hahn, T. Han, M. Kwiatkowska, H. Qu and L. Zhang, "Model Repair for Markov Decision Processes". In TASE, IEEE. To appear 2013.
- T. Chen, V. Forejt, M. Kwiatkowska, D. Parker and A. Simaitis, "Automatic Verification of Competitive Stochastic Systems". Formal Methods in System Design, pages 1-32, Springer. February 2013.
- P. Clamp & J. Cartlidge, (2013) "Pricing the cloud: An adaptive brokerage fro cloud computing", in Proceedings of 5th International Conference on Advances in System Simulation (SIMUL-2013). M Bauer & P. Lorenz, Eds. Venice, Italy: IARIA XPS Press, Oct 2013, pp113-121.
- M. Haghighi and D. Cliff, "Sensomax: An Agent-Based Middleware for Decentralised Dynamic Data-Gathering in Wireless Sensor Networks". The International Conference on Collaboration Technologies and Systems, CTS 2013, San Diego, USA, May 2013
- M. Haghighi and D. Cliff, "Multi-Agent Support for Multiple Concurrent Applications and Dynamic Data-Gathering in Wireless Sensor Networks", 7th International Conference on Innovative Mobile and Internet Services in Ubiquitous Computing, IMIS-2013, Taichung, Taiwan, July 2013
- M. Haghighi, "An End-to-End Middleware Solution with Multiple Concurrent Applications Support for Wireless Body Area Networks", 6th IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Applications, July 2013, Hiroshima, Japan.
- M. Haghighi, "Dynamic Data Storage Estimation for Multiple Concurrent Applications Using Probability Distribution Modelling in WSNs", Journal of Advances in Computer Networks (JACN), June 2013
- M. Haghighi, "Market-based Resource Allocation for Energy-efficient Execution of Multiple Concurrent Applications in Wireless Sensor Networks". Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering (LNEE), Springer, July 2013
- M. Haghighi, "An Agent-based Multi-model Tool for Simulating Multiple Concurrent Applications in WSNs", Journal of Advances in Computer Networks (JACN), June 2013
- M. Haghighi, "Cooperative Task Allocation in Utility-based Clustered Wireless Sensor Networks", International Journal of Information and Electronics Engineering (IJIEE) September, 2013
- M. Haghighi C.J. Musselle, "Dynamic Collaborative Change Point Detection in Wireless Sensor Networks", International Conference on Cyber-Enables Distributed Computing and Knowledge Discovery, Beijing, China, October 2013
- M. Haghighi, M.Bocian, O. Oddbjornssson, J.H.G. Macdonald, J.F. Burn,"Synchronous Data Acquisition from Large-scale Clustered Wireless Sensor Networks". Accepted at the 10th IEEE Vehicular Technology Society Asia Pacific Wireless Communications Symposium APWCS, August 2013.
- J. Keen, "Digital Health Care: Cementing Centralisation?". Journal of Information Technology. 2013. To appear
- T. Greenhalgh and J. Keen. "England's national programme for IT". BMJ (British Medical Journal), published 28th June 2013, DOI: 10.1136/bmj.f4130
- J. Keen, R. Calinescu, R. Paige, J. Rooksby "Big data + politics = open data: The case of health care data in England" in Policy and Internet Journal, 22/07/2013
- M. Kwiatkowska, D. Parker and A. Simaitis. "Strategic Analysis of Trust Models for User-Centric Networks". In proceedings 1st International Workshop on Strategic Reasoning (SR'13). To appear 2013
- W. Lunniss, S. Altmeyer, C. Maiza, R.I. Davis, "Integrating Cache Related Pre-emption Delay Analysis into EDF Scheduling". In proceedings 19th IEEE Conference on Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications (RTAS'13), April 9 - 11, 2013, pages 75-84.
- M. Meadows and D. Cliff, "The Relative Agreement Model of Opinion Dynamics in Populations with Complex Social Network Structure". Complex Networks IV (pp. 71-79). Springer Berlin Heidelberg. 2013
- M. Meadows and D. Cliff, "The Relative Disagreement model of opinion dynamics - Where do extremists come from?". IWSOS 2013.
- D. Perez-Palacin, R. Calinescu and J. Merseguer, "log2cloud: Log-based prediction of cost-performance trade-offs for cloud deployments", 28th ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, 2013. To appear.
- J. Reich, M. Naylor and C. Runciman "Advances in Lazy SmallCheck". Springer LNCS series, Title: Implementation and Application of Functional Languages. Editor: Hinze, Ralf. 2013 To appear.
- F.E. Ritter, G.D.Baxter and E.F. Churchill. "Foundations for Designing User Centered Systems". Book manuscript accepted for publication by Springer. To appear.
- F.E.Ritter, G.D.Baxter, J. Kim and S. Srinivasmurthy. "Learning and Retention". In J. Lee and A. Kirlik (Eds) The Oxford Handbook of Cognitive Engineering . pages 125-142. New York, NY: Oxford 2013.
- O. Rogers and D. Cliff, "Contributory provision point contracts - a risk-free mechanism for hedging cloud energy costs". Journal of Cloud Computing Advances: Systems and Applications 2013 2:10
- D. Schien, P. Shabajee, M. Yearworth and C. Preist. "Modeling and Assessing Variability in Energy Consumption During the Use Stage of Online Multimedia Services". In Journal of Industrial Ecology, Vol 17, Issue 6, pp 800-813 (2013) DOI: 10.1111/jiec.12065
- J. W. Smith, I.Sommerville "Understanding Tradeoffs between Power Usage and Performance in a Virtualized Environment". IEEE 6th International Conference on Cloud Computing, Santa Clara USA 2013
- I. Sommerville, "Teaching cloud computing: a software engineering perspective". Journal of Systems and Software, To appear 2013
- S. Stotter, J. Cartlidge, and D. Cliff "Exploring Assignment-Adaptive Trading Agents in Financial Market Experiments" In Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Agents and Artificial Intelligence (ICAART-2013), Eds: J. Filipe and A. Fred. Barcelona, Spain: SciTePress, Feb 2013, pp77-88. *Best Student Paper Award.
- M. Werfs and G Baxter. "Towards resilient adaptive Socio-Technical systems". Submitted to the European Conference on Cognitive Ergonomics 2013. Toulouse, France. August 2013
- M. Werfs, G. Baxter, I. K. Allison and I. Sommerville. "Migrating software products to the cloud: an adaptive STS perspective". Accepted for publication in The Journal of International Technology and Information Management. ISSN: 0268-4012. (2014)
2012: in press, submitted, forthcoming and in preparation
- K. Barmpis, D.S. Kolovos: "Comparative Analysis of Data Persistence Technologies for Large-Scale Models". XM 2012 Extreme Modeling Workshop, Innsbruck, Austria, 2012.
- G. Baxter, J. Rooksby, Y. Wang, & A. Khajeh-Hosseini. (2012). "The ironies of automation..... still going strong at 30?". To appear in proceedings of the European Conference on Cognitive Ergonomics (ECCE 2012)
- G. Baxter & I. Sommerville. (2012) "Socio-technical systems engineering". In proceedings of 4th International conference on human factors and ergonomics (AHFE). USA Publishing. Pages 5790 - 5799.
- F.R. Burton, R.F. Paige, L.M. Rose, D.S. Kolovos, S.M. Poulding, S. Smith : "Solving Acquisition Problems Using Model-Driven Engineering". ECMFA 2012: pp 428-443.
- R. Calinescu, D. Garlan (Eds) "Large-Scale Complex IT Systems. Development, Operation and Management". 17th Monterey Workshop 2012, Oxford, UK. March 19-21 2012. Volume 7539 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelburg 2012.
- R. Calinescu, K. Johnson, S. Kikuchi. 2012. "Compositional Reverification of Probabilistic Safety Properties for Large-Scale Complex IT Systems". In Large-Scale Complex IT Systems - Development, Operation and Management, Volume 7539 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer. To appear.
- R. Calinescu, C. Ghezzi, M. Kwiatkowska, R. Mirandola. 2012. "Self-Adaptive Software Needs Quantitative Verification at Runtime". Communications of the ACM, vol. 55, No. 9 (September 2012).
- J. Cartlidge, C. Szostek, M. De Luca, & D. Cliff, (2012), "Too fast too furious: faster financial-market trading agents can give less efficient markets", in Proc. 4th Int. Conf. Agents and Artif. Intelligence, Vol. 2 - Agents (ICAART-2012), J. Filipe & A. Fred, Eds.
Vilamoura, Portugal: SciTePress - Science and Technology Publications, Feb. 2012, pp. 126-135. doi:10.5220/0003720301260135 (10 pages, approx. 7,500 words).
- J. Cartlidge & D.Cliff, (2012), "Exploring the "robot phase transition" in experimental human-algorithmic markets". Foresight, The Future of Computer Trading in Financial Markets, Driver Review DR25, Crown Copyright, Apr 2012. PDF copy
- T. Chen, K. Draeger, S. Kiefer. "Model Checking Stochastic Branching Processes". In Proceedings of 37th International Symposium on Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science (MFCS), volume 7464 of LNCS, Springer. To appear. 2012.
- T. Chen, V. Forejt, M. Kwiatkowska, A. Simaitis, A. Trivedi and M. Ummels. "Playing Stochastic Games Precisely". In 23rd International Conference on Concurrency Theory (CONCUR'12), volume 7454 of LNCS, pages 348-363, Springer. 2012.
- T. Chen, V Forejt, M. Kwiatkowska, D. Parket and A. Simaitis. "Automatic Verification of Competitive Stochastic Systems". In Proceeding of 18th International Conference on Tools and Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis of Systems (TACAS'12), volume 7214 of LNCS, pages 315-330, Springer. March 2012.
- C. Chilton, M. Kwiatkowska, and X. Wang. "Revisiting Timed Specification Theories: A Linear-Time Perspective". In Proceedings of 10th International Conference on Formal Modeling and Analysis of TImed Systems (FORMATS'12), Eds: M.Jurdzinski and D. Nickovic. Springer 2012.
- D. Cliff (2012) "Regulatory Scrutiny of Algorithmic Trading Systems: An Assessment of the Feasibility and Potential Economic Impact". Foresight Economic Impact Assessment EIA16, UK Government Office for Science, Crown Copyright.
- D. Cliff (2012) "Market-Making Obligations and Algorithmic Trading Systems: A Feasibility Assessment of the March 2012 draft of MiFID2 Article 17(3)". Foresight Economic Impact Assessment EIA19, UK Government Office for Science, Crown Copyright.
- K.Draeger and M.Kwiatkowska, "Towards Communication-Based Steering of Complex Distributed Systems". To appear in: Development, Operation and Management of Large-Scale Complex IT Systems. Volume 7539 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, R. Calinescu and D. Garlan (eds.), Springer, Berlin/Heidelberg, 2012.
- V. Forejt, M. Kwiatkowska and D. Parker. "Pareto Curves for Probabilistic Model Checking". In Proceedings of 10th International Symposium on Automated Technology for Verification and Analysis (ATVA'12), volume 7561 of LNCS, pages 317-332, Springer. 2012
- V. Forejt, M. Kwiatkowska, D. Parker, H. Qu and M. Ujma. "Incremental Runtime Verification of Probabilistic Systems". In Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Runtime Verification 9RV'12), Springer. To appear. September 2012.
- H.A. Ghazzawi, I. Bate, and L.S. Indrusiak. "A Control-Theoretic Approach to Workflow Management". In proceedings of IEEE 17th International Conference on Engineering of Complex Computer Systems (ICECCS), pp 280-280, 2012.
- H.A. Ghazzawi, I. Bate, and L.S. Indrusiak. "MPC vs. PID Controllers in Multi-CPU Multi-Objective Real-Time Scheduling Systems". In Proceedings of The UK Electronics Forum (UKEF), pp 77-83, 2012.
- K. Johnson, J.V. Tucker (2012) "Algebraic Specifications of Computing as a Service with Applications to Cost Analysis". To appear in proceedings of the 5th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC 2012)
- J. Keen, "Complex Systems: Time to Talk to Engineers Again?", IRSPM XVL Conference, Rome, April 2012
- J. Keen, "What Is a Care Pathway?". ICSE Software Engineering in Health Care workshop, Zurich, June 2012.
- J. Keen "What Is a Care Pathway?", 17th Monterey Workshop, March 2012. Published by Springer LNCS 7539, Eds: R.Calinescu & D. Garlan 2012.
- J. Keen, "Information Technologies, Innovation and Health Care: A Meta-Governance Perspective" presented at the IRSPM Sunrise Conference at Roskilde University, Denmark, November 2012.
- J. Keen, R.Calinescu, R.Paige & J. Rooksby, "Big Data + Politics = Open Data: The Case of Health Care Datasets", paper submitted to the journal Policy and Internet, 2012.
- A. Khajeh-Hosseini, D. Greenwood, J.W. Smith, I. Sommerville. 2012. "The Cloud Adoption Toolkit: Supporting Cloud Adoption Decisions in the Enterprise". Software: Practice and Experience. DOI: 10.1002/spe.1072
- D.S. Kolovos, L.M. Rose, N. Matragkas, J.R. Williams and R.F. Paige. "A Lightweight Approach for Managing XML Documents with MDE Languages". Proceedings of the Eighth European Conference on Modelling Foundations and Applications (to appear), July 2012, Lyngby, Denmark.
- M. Kwiatkowska, D. Parker, H. Qu, and M. Ujma. "On Incremental Quantitative Verification for Probabilistic Systems". In Proceedings of High-Order Workshop on Automated Runtime verification and Debugging. To appear. 2012.
- M. Kwiatkowska, G. Norman and D. Parker. "The PRISM Benchmark Suite". In Proceedings of 9th International Conference on Quantitative Evaluation of Systems (QEST'12), pages 203-204, IEEE CS Press. September 2012.
- M. Kwiatkowska and D. Parker. "Advances in Probabilistic Model Checking". In Software Safety and Security - Tools for Analysis and Verification, volume 33 of NATO Science for Peace and Security Series- D: Information and Communication Security, pages 126-151, IOS Press. June 2012.
- W.Lunniss, S. Altmeyer, R.I. Davis, "Optimising Task Layout to Increase Schedulability via Reduced Cache Related Pre-emption Delays". In proceedings 20th International Conference on Real-Time and Network Systems 9RTNS'12). Nov 8-9 2012. pages 161-170
- J. McDermid. "The Risks of LSCITS: The Odds Are Stacked Against Us." In Large-Scale Complex IT Systems: Development, Operation and Management. LNCS 7359, Eds: R. Calinescu and D. Garlan, Springer 2012. Pages 94-117.
- M. Meadows and D. Cliff. "Re-examining the Relative Agreement Model of Opinion Dynamics". In Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation". 15(4):4. 2012.
- C. Musselle. "Rethinking Concepts of the Dendritic Cell Algorithm for Multiple Data Stream Analysis". 11th International Conference on Artificial Immune Systems (ICARIS), 2012 To appear.
- J. Reich, M. Naylor and C. Runciman. "Lazy generation of canonical test programs". In Implementation and Application of Functional Languages (IFL 2011, Revised Selected Papers, pages 69-84. Springer: LNCS 7257, 2012.
- O. Rogers, D. Cliff (2012). "A financial brokerage model for cloud computing". Journal of Cloud Computing: Advances, Systems and Applications, 1:2 (12th April 2012)
- O. Rogers, D. Cliff (2012). "Forecasting Demand for Cloud Computing Resources: An agent-based simulation of a two tiered approach". Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Agents and Artificial Intelligence.
- O. Rogers and D. Cliff. "The Use of Provision Point Contracts for Improving Cloud Infrastructure Utilisation." Economics of Grids, Clouds, Systems, and Services (2012): 16-28.
- O. Rogers and D. Cliff. "Options, forwards and provision-point contracts in improving cloud infrastructure utilisation." Journal of Cloud Computing: Advances, Systems and Applications (2012), 1:21 doi:10.1186/2192-113X-1-21
- J.R.N. Rooksby and I. Sommerville. "The Management and Use of Social Network Sites in a Government Department". In Computer Supported Cooperative Work - The Journal of Collaborative Computing, 2012.
- J.W. Smith, A. Khajeh-Hosseini, J.S. Ward, I. Sommerville. 2012. "CloudMonitor: Profiling Power Usage". IEEE 5th Int. Conf. on Cloud Computing, Honolulu, USA. 2012. DOI 10.1109/CLOUD.2012.112
- I. Sommerville, D. Cliff, R. Calinescu, J. Keen, T. Kelly, M. Kwiatsowska, J. McDermid, and R. Paige (2012) Large-scale complex IT systems. Communications of the ACM. Vol.55 No 7 (July 2012) Pages 71-77. DOI=10.1145/2209249.2209268
- I. Sommerville, R. Lock, and T. Storer. "Information requirements for enterprise systems". In Large-Scale Complex IT Systems: Development, Operation and Management. LNCS 7539, Pages 266-282, Eds: R. Calinescu and D. Garlan, Springer 2012
- J. Smith, A. Khajeh-Hosseini, J. Stuart Ward, I. Sommerville. "CloudMonitor: Profiling Power Usage". IEEE 5th Int. Conf. on Cloud Computing, Honolulu, USA. 2012
- J.R. Williams, F.R. Burton, R.F. Paige and F.A.C. Polack. "Sensitivity Analysis in Model-Driven Engineering". Proceedings of the Fifteenth International Conference on Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems (to appear), September 2012, Innsbruck, Austria.
- J.R. Williams, R.F. Paige and F.A.C. Polack. "Searching for Model Migration Strategies", Models and Evolution Workshop, September 2012, Innsbruck, Austria.
2011: in press, submitted, forthcoming and in preparation
- L. Atkins, G. Aupy, D. Cole and K. Pruhs (2011). Speed Scaling to Manage Temperature, Springer, 2011.L. Atkins, G. Aupy, D. Cole and K. Pruhs (2011). Speed Scaling to Manage Temperature, Springer, 2011.
- G. Baxter, & I. Sommerville. (2011) Socio-technical systems: From design methods to systems engineering. Interacting with Computers, Vol 23, Issue 1, Pages 4 - 17
- G. Baxter, & I. Sommerville. (2011). Responsibility modelling for resilience. In E. Hollnagel, E. Rigaud & D. Besnard (eds.), Proceedings of the fourth resilience engineering symposium (REIV), (pp. 22-28). Press des Mines, Paris: France.
- R. Calinescu, L. Grunske, M. Kwiatkowska, R. Mirandola, G. Tamburrelli (2011). Dynamic QoS Management and Optimisation in Service-Based Systems. In: IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering.
- R. Calinescu, S. Kikuchi (2011) — Formal Methods @ Runtime. In: Foundations of Computer Software. Modeling, Development, and Verification of Adaptive Systems, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 6662, 122-135, Springer.
- R. Calinescu, S. Kikuchi and M. Kwiatkowska (2011). Formal Methods for the Development and Verification of Autonomic IT Systems. In Cong-Vinh, P. (ed.), Formal and Practical Aspects of Autonomic Computing and Networking: Specification, Development and Verification, IGI Global.
- R. Calinescu, K. Johnson and Y. Rafiq (2011). Using observation ageing to improve Markovian model learning in QoS engineering. In: Proceedings of the 2nd ACM/SPEC International Conference on Performance Engineering, pp. 505-510.
- R. Calinescu, K. Johnson, and Y. Rafiq (2011). Using observation ageing to improve Markovian model learning in QoS engineering. In Proceeding of the second joint WOSP/SIPEW international conference on Performance engineering (ICPE '11). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 505-510. DOI=10.1145/1958746.1958823
- R. Calinescu, S. Kikuchi (2011). Formal Methods @ Runtime. In: Modelling, Development and Verification of Adaptive Systems, volume 6662 of LNCS, Springer, 2011.
- R. Calinescu (2011) — When the Requirements for Adaptation and High Integrity Meet. Invited paper at the 2011 ESEC/FSE Workshop on Assurances for Self-Adaptive Systems, ACM, New York, pp. 1-4.
- J. Cartlidge & I. Sriram, (2011), Modelling resilience in cloud-scale data centres, in Proc. 23rd European Modeling & Simulation Symposium (EMSS-2011), A.G. Bruzzone et al., Eds. Rome, Italy: University of Genoa Press, Sep. 2011, Pages 299-307. (9 pages, approx. 6,000 words).
- J. Cartlidge & S. Phelps (2011). Estimating demand for dynamic pricing in electronic markets. GSTF International Journal on Computing (JoC), vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 128–133, Feb, 2011. DOI: 10.5176_2010-2283_1.2.50, ISSN: 2010-2283.
- D. Cliff & L. Northrop (2011). The Global Financial Markets: An Ultra-Large Scale Systems Perspective. Briefing paper for UK Government Office for Science Foresight project on The Future of Computer Trading in the Financial Markets.
- I. Ciupa, A. Pretschner, M. Oriol, A. Leitner & B. Meyer "On the number and nature of faults found by random testing". Published in Journal 'Software Testing. Verification & Reliability. Vol 21, Issue 1, March 2011 - pages 3-28
- D. Cliff, D. Brown, and P. Treleaven (2011). Technology Trends in the Financial Markets: A 2020 Vision. Briefing paper for UK Government Office for Science Foresight project on The Future of Computer Trading in the Financial Markets.
- M. De Luca, C. Szostek, J. Cartlidge, & D. Cliff, (2011), Studies of Interactions Between Human Traders and Algorithmic Trading Systems. Briefing paper commissioned as part of the UK Government's Foresight Project, The Future of Computer Trading in Financial Markets -Foresight Driver Review - DR 13, Crown Copyright, Sep. 2011. (64
pages, approx. 23,000 words).
- M. De Luca, D. Cliff (2011). Agent-Human Interactions in the Continuous Double Auction, Redux: Using the OpEx Lab-in-a-Box to explore ZIP and GDX, Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Agents and Artificial Intelligence.
- L. Feng, M. Kwiatkowska and D. Parker (March 2011). Automated Learning of Probabilistic Assumptions for Compositional Reasoning In *Proc. 14th International Conference on Fundamental Approaches to Software Engineering (FASE'11)*, volume 6603 of LNCS, pages 2-17, Springer. Invited paper.
- L. Feng, T.Han, M. Kwiatkowska and D. Parker (2011). Learning-based Compositional Verification for Synchronous Probabilistic Systems In Proc. 9th International Symposium on Automated Technology for Verification and Analysis (ATVA'11), to appear 2011.
- V. Forejt, M. Kwiatkowska, G. Norman and D. Parker, "Automated Verification Techniques for Probabilistic Systems". In M. Bernardo and V. Issarny (editors) Formal Methods for Eternal Networked Software Systems (SFM'11), volume 6659 of LNCS, pages 53-113, Springer. June 2011
- X. Ge, R.F. Paige and J.A. McDermid. Failures of a Business Process in Enterprise Systems, in Proc. CENTERIS 2011, October 2011, Communications in Computer and Information Science, volume 219, Springer.
- X. Ge, R.F. Paige and J.A. McDermid. Model-Based Failure Analysis of Business Processes, accepted and to appear in Proc. ICEIS 2011, June 2011, IEEE Press.
- D. Greenwood, I. Sommerville (2011). Responsibility Modelling for the Sociotechnical Risk Analysis of Coalitions of Systems, 2011 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics
- D. Greenwood, I. Sommerville (2011). Responsibility Modelling for Identifying Sociotechnical Threats to the Dependability of Coalitions-of-Systems, 2011 Sixth IEEE International Conference on System of Systems Engineering (Nominated for Best Paper)
- D. Greenwood, I. Sommerville (2011). Using Complex Network Analysis And Visualisation To Analyse Problematic Enterprise Scale Information Systems? 2011 55th Meeting of the International Society for the Systems Sciences
- D. Greenwood, I. Sommerville (2011). Expectations and Reality: Why an enterprise software system didn't work as planned*. 2011 20th International Conference on Information Systems Development
- D. Greenwood, I. Sommerville - Using Network Analysis and Visualization to Analyze Problematic Enterprise Information Systems, 2011 International Journal of Knowledge and System Science, 2 (4).
- D. Greenwood, I. Sommerville (2011). Towards a Framework for Designing a Socio-Technical Intervention to Mediate Organisational Learning, 2011 UK Systems Society 15th International Conference, Oxford University, 1st-2nd September 2010
- K. Johnson, S. Reed and R. Calinescu (2011) — Specification and Quantitative Analysis of Probabilistic Cloud Deployment Patterns. In: Proceedings of the 7th Haifa Verification Conference (HVC 2011). To appear.
- J. Keen (2011). Digital Era Governance in the NHS in England (or Reconciling Paradigms) Paper prepared for PSA2011, 19-21 April, London
- J. Keen (2011). The Governance of Privacy and Confidentiality Paper prepared for IRSPM XV, Dublin, 11-13 April 2011
- A. Khajeh-Hosseini, I. Sommerville, J. Bogaerts, P. Teregowda, (2011). Decision Support Tools for Cloud Migration in the Enterprise. IEEE 4th International Conference on Cloud Computing (CLOUD 2011), Washington DC, USA, DOI: 10.1109/CLOUD.2011.59
- D.S. Kolovos, R.F. Paige, L.M. Rose and J.R. Williams. Integrated Model Management with Epsilon. Proceedings of the Seventh European Conference on Modelling Foundations and Applications, June 2011, Birmingham, UK.
- D.S. Kolovos, L.M. Rose and J.R. Williams. Using Model-to-Text Transformation for Dynamic Web-based Model Navigation. Proceedings of the Sixth International Workshop on Models at Runtime, October 2011, Wellington, New Zealand
- M. Kwiatkowska, D. Parker and H.Qu. "Incremental Quantitative Verification for Markov Decision Processes". In proceedings IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks (DSN-PDS'11), pages 359-370, IEEE CS Press. June 2011
- R.F. Paige, A. Galloway, R. Charalambous, X. Ge and P.J. Brooke. (2011). High-Integrity Agile Processes for the Development of Safety-Critical Software, in International Journal on Critical Computer-Based Systems 2(2), Inderscience Press, 2011.
- J. Rooksby (2011). Text at Work. Mundane Practices of Reading in Workplaces. In Tolmie P, Rouncefield M (Eds.) Ethnomethodology at Work. Ashgate. (in press)
- Rooksby J (2011). Collaboration in Formative Design: Working Together at a Whiteboard. Published in "Software" IEEE, Vol 29, Issue 1. doi. 10.1109/MS.2011.123
- I. Sriram and D. Cliff (2011). Hybrid complex network topologies are preferred for component-subscription in large-scale data-centres. In: CompleNet 2010, volume 116 of Communications in Computer and Information Science, pages 130-137. Springer PDF format
- I. Sriram and D. Cliff (2011). Speci-2: An open-source framework for predictive simulation of cloud-scale data-centres. Proceedings of Simultech 2011 PDF format
- J.R. Williams, S. Poulding, L.M. Rose, R.F. Paige and F.A.C. Polack (2011). Identifying desirable game character behaviours through the application of evolutionary algorithms to model-driven engineering metamodels. To appear at the Third International Symposium on Search Based Software Engineering, September 2011, Szeged, Hungary
- J.R. Williams, D.S. Kolovos, F.A.C. Polack and R.F. Paige (2011). Requirements for a Model Comparison Language To appear at the 2nd International Workshop on Model Comparison in Practice, June 2011, Zurich, Switzerland
- J.R. Williams and S. Poulding. Generating Models Using Metaheuristic Search.
Proceedings of the Fourth York Doctoral Symposium on Computing, Page 53, October 2011, York, UK. Best paper award winner
- R. Calinescu and M. Kwiatkowska (2010). Software Engineering Techniques for the Development of Systems of Systems. In C. Choppy & O. Sokolski (editors), Foundations of Computer Software. Future Trends and Techniques for Development, vol. 6026 of LNCS, pp. 59-82, Springer.
- L. Feng, M. Kwiatkowska and D. Parker (September 2010). Compositional Verification of Probabilistic Systems using Learning In Proc. 7th International Conference on Quantitative Evaluation of Systems (QEST'10), IEEE CS Press. PDF file
- V. Forejt, M. Kwiatkowska, G. Norman and A. Trivedi (September 2010). Expected Reachability-Time Games. In K. Chatterjee and T. Henzinger (editors) Proceedings of 8th International Conference on Formal Modelling and Analysis of Timed Systems (FORMATS'10), volume 6246 of LNCS, pages 122--136, Springer.
- X. Ge, R.F. Paige and J.A. McDermid (2010). An Iterative Approach for Development of Safety-Critical Software and Safety Arguments, in Proc. Agile 2010, IEEE Press, Nashville, Tennessee, August 2010.
- X. Ge, R.F. Paige and J.A. McDermid (2010). Analysing System Failure Behaviours with PRISM, in Proc. Workshop on Model-Checking Secure and Reliable Systems (co-located with SSIRI 2010), IEEE Press, Singapore, June 2010.
- H.A. Ghazzawi (2010). Scheduling Approaches for Large-Scale Complex Task Management. The Proceedings of the 2nd Large Scale Complex IT Systems (LSCITS) Postgraduate Workshop, 60-66.
- D. Greenwood, A. Khajeh-Hosseini, & I. Sommerville, (2010). Towards a Multi-level Model of Conflict to Sensitise practitioners to the Socio-organisational Complexity of an IT Systems Development Project. Submitted to Journal of Information Technology.
- A. Hernando, R. Sanz & R. Calinescu (2010). A Model-Based Approach to the Autonomic Management of Mobile Robot Resources. Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Adaptive and Self-adaptive Systems and Applications.
- A. Hild (2010). Constraints for LSCITS in the Absence of Sound Data Protection Legalisation and the Presence of a History of Social and Legal Malpractices of Maintaining Privacy, Manuscript in preparation for European Sociological Review
- A. Hild (2010). Review of Evidence on Large Scale Health Information Systems, Working paper
- A. Hild (2010). The Curious Case of a National Care Record: Presences and Absences Across Organisational Spaces Manuscript in preparation for Organization: The Critical Journal of Organization, Theory and Society
- A. Hild (2010). The Integration of What? England's National Health Service and the Role of Information Technology Manuscript in preparation for Science, Technology & Human Values
- A. Khajeh-Hosseini, D. Greenwood & I. Sommerville (2010). Cloud Migration: A Case Study of Migrating an Enterprise IT System to IaaS. In Proc. The 3rd International Conference on Cloud Computing.
- A. Khajeh-Hosseini, I. Sommerville & I. Sriram (2010). Research Challenges for Enterprise Cloud Computing. Technical Report
- A. W. Khan. (2009/10). Balancing the Privacy Needs of the Individual and the Needs of the State: The Case of Identity Cards in the UK, Manuscript in preparation for the Information Polity journal
- M. Kwiatkowska, G. Norman & A. Trivedi (2010). Quantitative Games on Probabilistic Timed Automata. Manuscript submitted to FOSSACS.
- M. Kwiatkowska, G. Norman and D. Parker (2010). A Framework for Verification of Software with Time and Probabilities Proc. 8th International Conference on Formal Modelling and Analysis of Timed Systems (FORMATS'10), volume 6246 of LNCS, pages 25-45, Springer Invited paper 2010
- M. Kwiatkowska, G. Norman and D. Parker (2010). Advances and Challenges of Probabilistic Model Checking Proc. 48th Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control and Computing, pages 1691-1698, IEEE Press Invited paper 2010
- C. Musselle. "Insights into the Antigen Sampling Component of the Dendritic Cell Algorithm". In 9th International Conference on Artificial Immune Systems (ICARIS), volume 6209 of LNCS, pages 88–101. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2010.
- M. Oriol, F. Ullah (2010). YETI on the cloud. In Testing In The Cloud (STITC) Workshop at ICST 2010.
- O. Rogers, D. Cliff (2010). The Effect of Market Demand on Truthfulness in a Computing Resource Options Market, Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Agents and Artificial Intelligence.
- O. Rogers, D. Cliff (2010). The Effects of Truthfulness on a Computing Resource Options Market, Proceedings of the International Conference on Advances in Distributed and Parallel Computing
- J. Rooksby. Social Networking and the Home Office. Unpublished report.
- L.M. Rose, D.S. Kolovos, N.Drivalos, J.R. Williams, R. F. Paige, F.A.C. Polack, K. J. Fernandes (2010). Concordance: A Framework for Managing Model Integrity. ECMFA 2010: 245-260
- L. M. Rose, M. Herrmannsdoerfer, J. R. Williams, D. S.Kolovos, K. Garcés, R. F. Paige and F. A. C. Polack (2010). A Comparison of Model Migration Tools Proc. International Conference on Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems (MoDELS), Part I
- M. Oriol & S. Tassis (2010). Testing .NET Code with YETI. Submitted to Fifteenth IEEE International Conference on Engineering of Complex Computer Systems (ICECCS 2010).
- I. Sriram and D. Cliff (2010). Effects of Component-Subscription Network Topology on Large-Scale Data Centre Performance Scaling. In: Proceedings of the 15th IEEE International Conference on Engineering of Complex Computer Systems (ICECCS 2010). Pages 72 - 81, Oxford, UK, 2010. IEEE Computer Society
- I. Sriram & A. Khajeh-Hosseini (2010). Research Agenda in Cloud Technologies. Technical Report
- A. Trivedi and D. Wojtczak (2010). Recursive Timed Automata. In A. Boujjani and W-N Chin (editors) Proc. of 8th International Symposium on Automated Technology for Verification and Analysis (ATVA'10), volume 6252 of LNCS, pages 306-324, Springer.
- A. Trivedi and D. Wojtczak (2010). Timed Branching Processes. In Proc. of 7th International Conference on Quantitative Evaluation of Systems (QEST'10), pages 219--228, IEEE Computer Society.
- Y. Wei, S. Gebhardt, B. Meyer, & M. Oriol (2010). Satisfying Test Preconditions through Guided Object Selection. Submitted to International Conference on Software Testing (ICST 2010).
- J.R. Williams, F.A.C. Polack & R.F. Paige (2010). Formal Analysis in Model Management: Exploiting the Power of CZT, To appear in Proc. ASM, Alloy, B and Z (ABZ) 2010, Oxford, Quebec, Canada, February 2010, LNCS, Springer-Verlag.
- M. Buscher, J. O'Neill, and J.Rooksby (2009). Designing for Diagnosing:Introduction to the Special Issue on Diagnostic Work. Journal of Computer Supported Cooperative Work, 18(2-3):109-128, 2009.
- R. Calinescu and M. Kwiatkowska (2009). Using Quantitative Analysis to Implement Autonomic IT Systems. In Proc. 31st International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2009). Pages 100-110, IEEE Press, 2009.
- R. Calinescu (2009). Resource-Definition Policies for Autonomic Computing. In Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Autonomic and Autonomous Systems (ICAS 2009), Valencia, Spain, April 2009.
- R. Calinescu & M. Kwiatkowska (2009). CADS*: Computer-Aided Development of Self-* Systems. In Proc. 12th International Conference on Fundamental Approaches to Software Engineering (FASE 2009). Pages 421-424, 2009.
- R. Calinescu (2009). Reconfigurable Service-Oriented Architecture for Autonomic Computing, International Journal On Advances in Intelligent Systems, 2(1):38-57. June 2009.
- R. Calinescu (2009). General-Purpose Autonomic Computing. In: M. K. Denko, L. T. Yang & Y Zhang, editors, Autonomic Computing and Networking pages 3-29. Springer, 2009.
- R. Calinescu (2009). Runtime Connector Synthesis for Autonomic Systems of Systems, International Journal on Advances in Intelligent Systems, 2(2-3):376-386, 2009.
- I. Ciupa, A. Pretschner, M. Oriol, A. Leitner, & B. Meyer (2009). On the Number and Nature of Faults Found by Random Testing. Accepted for publication in: Software Testing, Verification and Reliability, Wiley InterScience, 2009.
- D. Cliff (2009). ZIP60: Further Explorations in the Evolutionary Design of Trader Agents and Online Auction-Market Mechanisms. IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation. 13(1):3-18, 2009.
- X. Ge, R.F. Paige & J. McDermid (2009). Probabilistic Failure Propagation and Transformation Analysis, in Proc. 28th International Conference on Computer Safety, Reliability and Security (SAFECOMP) 2009, LNCS 5775, page 215-227, Springer-Verlag. Hamburg, Germany, September 14-18, 2009.
- X. Ge, R.F. Paige & J. McDermid (2009). Domain analysis on an Electronic Health Records System, in Proc. 1st International Workshop on Feature-Oriented Software Development (FOSD), co-located with MoDELS/UML 2009, Denver, Colorado, October 2009.
- A. Hild (2009). Coordination and Large-Scale Complex IT Systems: A Preliminary Literature Review and Exploration Unpublished manuscript, to be submitted, 2009.
- M. Jurdzinski, M. Kwiatkowska, G. Norman & A. Trivedi (2009). Concavely-Priced Probabilistic Timed Automata. In Proc. of 20th International Conference on Concurrency Theory (CONCUR). September 2009.
- J. Keen (2009). Complexity and Contradiction: The Case of the NHS National Programme for IT. In: C Hood and H Margetts (eds) Paradoxes of Modernization. Oxford University Press (2009)
- Z. Kurd et al. (2009). LSCITS Research on Analysis and Verification of Complex Systems. Unpublished manuscript.
- Z. Kurd, T. Kelly, J. McDermid, R. Calinescu & M. Kwiatkowska (2009). Establishing a Framework for Dynamic Risk Management in 'Intelligent' Aero-Engine Control. In Proceedings of 28th International Conference on Computer Safety, Reliability, and Security (Safecomp2009) LNCS, Springer, 2009.
- Z. Kurd, T. Kelly, J. McDermid, R. Calinescu & M. Kwiatkowska (2009). Toward a Self-Management Architecture for Dynamic Risk Management in 'Intelligent' Aero-Engine Control. IET System Safety, London, 2009.
- M. Kwiatkowska, G. Norman and D. Parker (2009). PRISM: Probabilistic Model Checking for Performance and Reliability Analysis Volume 36, no.4 of ACM SIGMETRICS Performance Evaluation Review, pages 40-45 2009
- M. Kwiatkowska(2009). On Quantitative Software Verification. In C. Pasareanu (editor)Proc. 16th International SPIN Workshop. LNCS 5578, Springer, June 2009.
- A. Leitner, A. Pretschner, S. Mori, B. Meyer, & M. Oriol (2009). On the Effectiveness of Test Extraction Without Overhead. In Proceedings Second International Conference On Software Testing, Verification And Validation (ICST 2009).
- Lock, R., Storer, T., Sommerville, I. & Baxter, G. (2009). Responsibility modelling for risk analysis. In Proceedings of ESREL 2009. (pp. 1103-1109).
- M. Oriol & B. Meyer (2009). Objects, Components, Models and Patterns, Proceedings of 47th International Conference, TOOLS EUROPE 2009, Zurich, Switzerland, June 29-July 3, 2009, Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing , Vol. 33.
- M. Oriol, W. Cazzola, S. Chiba, & G. Saake (2009). Enabling Software Evolution via AOP and Reflection. ACM Digital Library, Workshop of the European Conference on Object-Oriented Programming (ECOOP'09), 2009.
- M. Pedroni, M. Oriol, & B. Meyer (2009). Student Diversity in CS1. In European Computer Science Summit (ECSS 2009), 2009. Extended Version Paper.
- M. Piccioni, M. Oriol, B. Meyer, & T. Schneider (2009). An IDE-based, integrated solution to Schema Evolution of Object-Oriented Software. In Proc. 24th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE 2009), 2009.
- J. Rooksby, G. Baxter, D. Cliff, D. Greenwood, N. Harvey, A. Kahn, J. Keen, & I. Sommerville (2009). Social Networking and the Workplace. Unpublished manuscript.
- Rooksby J, Rouncefield M, Sommerville I (2009). Testing in the Wild: The Social and Organisational Dimensions of Real World Practice. Journal of Computer Supported Cooperative Work 18 (5-6), 559-580
- D. Salah, H. Petrie & R.F. Paige (2009). Towards a Framework for Bridging User-Centred Design and Agile Software Development Processes, in Proc. 3rd Irish HCI Conference 2009, September 2009.
- I. Sriram (2009). SPECI: a Simulation Tool Exploring Cloud-Scale Data Centres, in: M. Jaatun, G. Zhao, & C. Rong (Eds.), Proceedings CloudCom 2009, LNCS 5931, pp. 381-392. Springer-Verlag, 2009.
- F. Torshizi, J.S. Ostroff, R.F. Paige & M. Chechik (2009). The SCOOP Concurrency Model in Java-like Languages, in Proc. Communicating Process Architectures 2009, IOS, Eindhoven, the Netherlands, November 2009.
- M. Wahler, S. Richter, M. Oriol (2009). Dynamic Software Updates for Real-Time Systems. In Second ACM Workshop on Hot Topics in Software Upgrades (HotSWUp'09).
- J.R. Williams & F.A.C. Polack (2009). Automated Formalisation for Verification of Diagrammatic Models, Proc. 6th International Workshop on Formal Aspects of Component Software, Eindhoven, Elsevier ENTCS, November 2009. (the attached paper is a pre-print version)
- Buckley J, Rooksby J, Bednarik R (Eds.) (2008). PPIG 2008. Proceedings of the 20th Annual Meeting of the psychology of Programming Interest Group, Lancaster University Press. ISBN 9781862202153
- R. Calinescu & M. Kwiatkowska (2008). Software Engineering Techniques for the Development of Systems of Systems. In Proc. 15th Monterey Workshop on Foundations of Computer Software, pages 86--93. September 2008.
- R. Calinescu (2008). Implementation of a Generic Autonomic Framework. In D. Greenwood et al. (eds) Proc. 4th International Conference on Autonomic and Autonomous Systems (ICAS 2008), pages 124-129, IEEE CS Press. March 2008.
- T. Cassey (2008). Hypothesis Testing and Resource Allocation. Report from a one-month LSCITS-funded research intern post, November 2008.
- D. Cliff, C. O'Malley, & J. Taylor (June 2008). Future Issues in Socio-Technical Change for UK Education. Briefing paper for UK Government Department of Children, Schools, and Families (DCSF) 'Beyond Current Horizons' project.
- M. Jurdzinski & A. Trivedi (2008). Average-Time Games. In Foundations of Software Technology and Theoretical Computer Science. To appear, 2008.
- M. Kwiatkowska, "Introduction". Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, 366(1881), pages 3665-3668. Discussion Meeting Issue 'From computers to ubiquitous computing, by 2020'. November 2008.
- M. Kwiatkowska, T. Rodden and V. Sassone (editors) "From Computers to Ubiquitous Computing by 2020". Volume 366 of Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A. Royal Society. Discussion Meeting Issue. November 2008.
- Martin D, Rooksby J, Rouncefield M, Sommerville I (2008). Cooperative Work in Software Testing. Proceedings of Cooperative and Human Aspects of Software Engineering (CHASE), 13 May 2008, Leipzig, Germany. 93-96.
- R.F. Paige, R. Charalambous, X. Ge & P.J. Brooke (2008). Towards Agile Development of High-Integrity Systems, in Proc. 27th International Conference on Computer Safety, Reliability and Security (SAFECOMP) 2008, LNCS, Springer-Verlag, Newcastle, UK, September 2008.
- R.F. Paige, L.M. Rose, X. Ge, D.S. Kolovos & P.J. Brooke(2008). Automated Safety Analysis for Domain-Specific Languages, in Proc. Workshop on Non-Functional System Properties in Domain Specific Modeling Languages, co-located with MoDELS '08, Toulouse, France, September 2008.
- A. Radjenovic & R.F. Paige (February 2008). The Role of Dependency Links in Ensuring Architectural View Consistency, in IEEE/IFIP Conference on Software Architecture (WICSA) 2008, IEEE Press, Vancouver, Canada
- T. Zang, R. Calinescu, S. Harris, A. Tsui, M. Kwiatkowska, J. Gibbons, J. Davies, P. Maccallum & C. Caldas (May 2008). WSRF-Based Modeling of Clinical Trial Information for Collaborative Cancer Research. In Proc. 8th IEEE International Symposium on Cluster Computing and the Grid (CCGRID'08), IEEE Press.
M. Kwiatkowska. "Quantitative Verification: Models, Techniques and Tools". In Proc. 6th joint meeting of the European Software Engineering Conference and the ACM SIGSOFT Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (ESEC/FSE), pages 449-458, ACM Press. September 2007.